Why does this matter?
Connecting over Morning Tea is a vital part of Sunday morning as we meet new people, continue to discuss what we have heard about in God’s Word and encourage one another to live for Jesus in the week ahead.
What is Involved?
– Morning Team Leader: Buy 1L of Full Cream milk and 1L of Light milk. – this can be reimbursed by the church if desired (through Elvanto).
(All other morning tea supplies are ready in the kitchen and the rostered team does not need to provide anything else)
– Fill up the hot water urn (only 1/3-1/2 way so that it doesn’t take too long) and turn it on.
– Set out coffee machine, teabags (arranged nicely, grouped according to type), milk and sugar.
– Set out mugs, water jugs and glasses for water.
– Set out single packs of biscuits on the 3 tier cake stand to be eaten before the service starts.
– Before you join the service, fill up the hot water urn to capacity and turn it on.
– Keep the back kitchen door locked and the front kitchen door closed during the service.
– Exit the service during the last song.
– Refill milk and biscuits as needed.
– Be warm and welcoming!
– Ideally, 2 people are rostered on, one person can look after the tea and coffee station and the other person can be ‘on the floor’, collecting cups if needed.
– Empty the coffee machine tray regularly to avoid coffee pods stuck. Please collect the used coffee pods in the plastic container provided for recycling.
Clean up afterwards
– Run the dishwasher (instructions on the wall next to it!) and dry/pack away mugs.
– Store single packs biscuits that can be used the next week.
– Unplug/empty the hot water urn. Take home and wash used tea towels and return the following week (happy for you to use your judgement – ok to leave them hanging to dry by themselves too!)
– Let the Co-ordinator know if the food supplies in the morning tea drawers are insufficient for the following week.
Questions? Need to contact Co-ordinator?
A coordinator for Morning Tea is rostered on for each Sunday. Look in Elvanto and use the Elvanto Church Directory to contact them.
(Did you know, you can click on the date in the schedule above and it will take you to the details in Elvanto for that Sunday?)
The Co-ordinator(s) works behind the scenes to resource this ministry. A coordinator will be rostered on (look in Elvanto) each week to deal with last minute drop-outs.
- Recruit new volunteers (subject to sign off from Serve Director).
- Provide training for new volunteers.
- Manage and replenish morning tea supplies.
- Liaise regularly with team leaders.
- Proactively monitor the effectiveness of our Hospitality Ministry against the overall Scots vision and suggest changes to the Serve Director.
- Liaise with the Serve Director as required (including issues with other groups using the kitchen, equipment or personnel).
- Monitor and manage volunteer drop-outs.