Co-ordinators work behind the scenes to:
- Identify and recruit new team members subject to sign off from the Serve Director.
- Organize ministry-relevant training in this ministry area.
- One of the co-ordinator team will be scheduled in Elvanto each Sunday. to offer support and manage dropouts.
- At Scots on Sundays, Serve Director, the Greet Co-ordinator and the Platform Co-ordinator are the Fire Wardens
Code of Conduct and BTS Procedure for Coordinators and Admins
Serving is a way for people to get connected.
Serving is a way to start “tasting” the gospel and catching discipleship.
Volunteer roles are a way to love people, not perform a task. (EG. Morning tea is not serving food, but serving people).
No offline documents. Work through Elvanto and online Job Descriptions (not emailing spreadsheet, or hardcopy rosters) to keep all our information together.
No hidden curriculum. All our information is available online. Face to face meetings are for creating culture. Clear job descriptions and on the job training from Team Leaders.
No one is indispensable. Work in teams wherever possible so people get skilled up and everyone is redundant. Break roles down into smaller units. Rule of thumb: no role to be more than 1 hour per week commitment.
Nothing is uncancellable. Make do with what we have – especially people resources. Do a few things well. Don’t burn people out for the sake of the program.
No “arm chair experts.” Lets work together to create a problem solving culture not a problem spotting culture. Criticism should be constructive, and go to the person who needs to change not third parties, except bullying and moral failure….
No leaks. Guard people’s privacy and contact details.
This Job Description should be read in conjunction with the Scots Church Sydney Mission and Values.
Director (CONNECT GROW SERVE)
– Appoints and supports the coordinators.
In consultation with the Coordinators, plans blocks of appointments in Elvanto.
– In consultation with the Coordinators, approves new volunteers.
– Ensure BTS Coordinator is aware of new appointments where applicable.
Coaches the co-ordinators in the contextualising of the church’s vision into their ministry area.
– Work behind the scenes to co-ordinate a ministry area.
– Once block appointments are made, the coordination team manages appointments in Elvanto.
– Identify and recruit new team members and team leaders subject to sign off from the Director.
– As a team, organise formal training and do the formal evaluation in this ministry area.
Own and communicate the vision of the church as it applies to this particular ministry.
Rostered Week By week in Elvanto
On duty Coordinator
One of the co-ordinator team will be appointed in Elvanto each Sunday. to manage last minute hiccups and manage drop outs.
Lead a team on the day in a particular ministry. Provide on the job training. Scout for future recruits and reccomend to the coordinator(s).
Explain and remind their team members of the vision of the church as it applies to this particular ministry.
Serve in a ministry, under the direction of the team leader.
Understand and agree with the vision of the church as it applies to this particular ministry.