A church start-up in the CBD of Sydney in the iconic Scots Church needs a part-time administrator to join the team. This is a maternity leave position for up to 12 months commencing in August 2018. Start and finish dates by negotiation.
- EA to the team leader, including scheduling appointments, taking notes at meetings, managing email correspondence.
- Organise the church office, maintain stationery and office supplies.
- Deal with enquiries from the public.
- Organise and print bulletin for Sundays.
- Arrange scheduling for Sunday volunteers (using Elvanto).
- Organise song lyrics and other media for projection on Sundays.
- Assist with Sunday and Wednesday night logistics and physical setup.
- Keep information on the website and Facebook current.
- Collect, file, forward and respond to mail as appropriate.
- Manage finances including payment of invoices, issuing invoices from Xero and chasing late payments
- Manage building operations and building maintenance including liaising with long-term hirers, cleaners, tradespeople, strata and facility managers.
- Manage event booking calendar and events including walk throughs, deposits, keys and tags, security training, invoicing, assistance to hirers and post hire problems
- Liaise with hirers and denominational head office.
- Issue and track keys and tags.
20 hours a week including Sunday (9-12) and 3 or 4 other blocks Monday to Friday by negotiation. For example, would suit someone available in a 10am to 2pm window on weekdays who is organising time around other part time work, family responsibilities or lectures. Attendance Wednesdays (5:30pm-8:30pm) would be an advantage.
- Excellent personal organisation skills and ability to work unsupervised.
- Good communication skills.
- A team player.
- Able to keep a confidence.
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, essential.
- Training provided for ProPresenter (projection software), Titan (security software), and Elvanto (Church CRM software).
- An appreciation of and resonation with the Scots vision and church culture (see vision statement on the website).
- Appropriate dress and personal presentation for a city context.
- Preference would be given to someone attending Scots as their church.
Interested? Contact Craig Tucker (team leader) email@example.com
Applications close the 15th of July 2018.