What is involved?
- Join those who are serving up the front in a time of prayer at 10:15am in the auditorium.
- Know when you are on so there isn’t a gap while we wait for you to walk up the front. If you pray straight after a song it is your job to be there in time to tell people to sit down.
- Stand in front of the microphone before speaking.
- Introduce yourself and invite people to join you in prayer.
- Take a breath and pause to settle yourself. Speak slightly slower than the pace that feels natural.
- Sit down.
First and Second Prayer
There is a workshop on Leading in Prayer run from time to time. What follows here is a brief summary of how prayer is organised at Scots.
Different elements of Prayer are covered in First and Second Prayer. First Prayer focusses upon Praise/Adoration and Confession. Second Prayer follows the talk and makes specific requests and thanks God for who he is and what he has done.