Why does this matter?
How is it part of our mission? How is it a form of gospel service? Example:
All sorts of people come through the grand and slightly intimidating front steps of Scots on a Sunday: those seeking God and perhaps coming to a church for the first time, those returning after a bad experience at church in the past, perhaps a visitor to the city where a change of context is a time to rethink the big questions of life. Regulars coming to church may have had a fantastic or a terrible week and are struggling to get there. The reception people receive at the door can set the tone for church being a place where everyone is welcome – no matter who they are or how they are feeling. Be prayerful for your greeting ministry. Your welcome may be part of the morning being a significant encounter with God.
What is Involved?
Tell me what is involved in doing this role before church starts. Example:
- Prepare using the lesson planning material provided by the Kids Church Co-ordinator.
- Pray for the children and your assistant.
- Purchase kids morning tea items or delegate to your assistant. (no nuts) and submit a reimbursement form.
ON THE DAY
Tell me what to do on the day including when to turn up…. Example:
- Arrive by 10am to set up the room, morning tea and any craft or activities required. Give the assistant a brief summary of the big idea of the lesson plan and ways the assistant can be involved in each activity. Pray for the children and each other.
- Children are dropped off from 1015am. Don’t be alone with a child. If the assistant is running late, ask a parent to stay until the assistant arrives.
Click here to check when you are serving on the Scots Church Sydney Elvanto app.
What if I can’t serve in my rostered role on a particular Sunday?
If you need to drop out in the week leading up to particular Sunday, mark yourself Declined for Kids Church for that Sunday.
If you know ahead of time that you will be absent from church, mark yourself as Unavailable for that Sunday, so you don’t get rostered onto anything. How to mark yourself Unavailable.
Church involves lots of people serving in different ways. So we all know who is serving in a particular role on a particular day, please don’t arrange by yourself a swap with someone else. If you Decline or mark yourself Unavailable your coordinator will get notified and sort it out.
For Elvanto support email Dan our church administrator (Tues-Thurs).